For Expertise with Integrity…
When you need trustworthy and competent legal services, David R. Brewer, Attorney at Law, PLLC is the first place to turn. We get what client relationships are all about, we get results, and we get referred to your family, friends and business associates.
KENNETH C. COURVILLE
Ken practices in the areas of corporate law, tax, and probate, as well as serving as being an extremely competent litigator and employment lawyer. Ken once served at Arthur Andersen in the areas of tax, and mergers and acquisitions, before moving to a smaller firm environment to accommodate his growing family. Ken is the proud husband of Jessica (a long time district attorney in the Harris County DA’s office), as well as being the proud father of two young children, for whom he serves as Cub Scout pack leader, Sunday school teacher, and sole proprietor of dad’s taxi cab service.
Ken is a seasoned practitioner who functions with great breath of perspective as well as technical insight. His general business practice and tax background serve the firm’s business law clientele well, and his probate and litigation expertise assist both companies as well as individuals with those needs. Some of Kenneth’s cases include:
- represented business clients with 2 to 75 employees
- advised on tax planning, tax structuring and tax compliance, business planning, business formation and succession planning, general securities law compliance, commercial acquisitions, commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, nonbankruptcy workouts, chapter 11 plans, employee benefit plans, employee benefit administrator fiduciary obligations, estate and trust administration, asset protection planning and estate planning
- drafted credit agreements, master vendor and customer agreements, employment agreements, severance agreements, noncompete agreements, personnel manuals, commercial construction agreements, estate planning documents, and tax planned trusts
- defended clients in civil litigation, commercial and consumer bankruptcy proceedings, arbitration claims before FINRA and the AAA, regulatory proceedings, Texas Workforce Proceedings, IRS and US Tax Court proceedings, Comptroller of Public Accounts hearings, Department of Labor proceedings, EEOC proceedings, and FINRA and SEC examinations
- State Bar of Texas
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1998
- B.S. (Political Science), University of Houston, 1994