For Expertise with Integrity…
When you need trustworthy and competent legal services, David R. Brewer, Attorney at Law, PLLC is the first place to turn. We get what client relationships are all about, we get results, and we get referred to your family, friends and business associates.
The Brewer Law Firm is often called upon to defend and/or prosecute litigated matters on behalf of its clients. These typically involve business disputes, contractual disputes, partnership disputes, and collections matters. We maintain a robust general litigation practice.
Additionally, the firm will take on a personal injury matter from time to time, and we have at least one will contest active litigation matter going at all times. Keep in mind that expertise in this practice area, as well as other practice areas of the firm (Business Law, Litigation, Real Estate Law, Trusts and Wills, Probate, Family Law), is available with our Outsourced General Counsel service.
Representative matters include:
- 2 year multiparty fraud litigation to recover $750K for long standing business clients from payroll company, including litigating in federal bankruptcy court. Principals of payroll company are now under indictment and facing prison time resulting from our efforts
- Foreclosure upon commercial property that included lifting debtor’s automatic stay in bankruptcy court
- Defending business client from multiple simultaneous collection actions which resulted from the previous owner’s non-disclosed liabilities
- Defending and prosecuting numerous Real Estate, Business, and Business Principal liability claims
- Represent business owner and entrepreneur in multiple simultaneous lawsuits involving various businesses. Successfully settle to clients advantage three of them within a three month period.
- Save very valuable home from foreclosure and eviction proceedings. Home had been purchased by a business owner using a contract hand written by seller, and seller later chose to rescind the deal after client had paid a substantial portion of the purchase price and invested hundreds of thousands in improvements to the home. Losing the home would have forced client into bankruptcy. We saved the home as well as the client’s businesses.
- Represent executrix in multi-party will contest in valuing retirement plan, ERISA issues – holding company interpled benefits in federal court, where probate litigation ensued
- Represent widow (beneficiary) sued by executrix seeking to defeat bequest in husband’s will. 3 years, 10 attorneys for executrix, 2 mediations, numerous contested hearings, mandamus and Appeal to 14th Court of Appeals successfully defending client’s bequest from hostile adverse claimant
- Guardianship proceeding protecting ward’s assets from her husband’s son, who had obtained power of attorney for his father and denuded community estate of all assets
- Guardianship proceedings for incapacitated adult child whose parents sought to protect their child (the ward) from unscrupulous suitors
- Numerous Independent Administrations in instances the deceased left no will – Determination of Heirship proceedings attendant thereto
- Numerous probate proceedings in instances decedent did leave a will, including simultaneous probate in multiple states when necessary
In addition to business and probate disputes, the firm has litigated numerous Real Estate, Employment, and Family Law matters. We have also served as co-counsel in selected federal and appellate cases.
The firm has represented both businesses and highly compensated individuals in various employment and contractual disputes.