For Expertise with Integrity…
When you need trustworthy and competent legal services, David R. Brewer, Attorney at Law, PLLC is the first place to turn. We get what client relationships are all about, we get results, and we get referred to your family, friends and business associates.
TRUSTS & WILLS
Will and Trust law is the process of planning for the orderly (and financially sound) transfer of one’s property upon the occurrence of certain key life events. One need not (and often should not) wait until death for the formation of a trust, and MUST not wait until death for the drafting of a will (by then it is too late). While planning to avoid estate taxes is not the need of every client, drafting a will most certainly is. Mr. Brewer and his firm can assist you in this process whatever one’s state in life may be.
Mr. Brewer regularly assists clients of every income level in the drafting and execution of a personalized will, power of attorney, medical power of attorney, and various trusts. Please see the attached presentation for an overview of the reasons EVERYONE is better off with a will. This is the basic building block of every estate plan, and the benefits gained from putting your will in place FAR outweigh the costs associated with obtaining a professionally drafted and properly executed will.
Keep in mind that expertise in this practice area, as well as other practice areas of the firm (Business Law, Litigation, Real Estate Law, Trusts and Wills, Probate, Family Law), is available with our Outsourced General Counsel service.
Representative matters Include:
- Reviewing 5 different entities previously created haphazardly, at various times, for estate planning and family owned businesses – In consultation with family accountant and financial planner, create strategy to harmonize entities in order to maximize efficiencies and fulfill original purposes
- Create Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts and layered estate plans (including marital deduction and bypass trusts) for numerous clients of means
- Create Special Needs Trust for parents of incapacitated adult child
- Create Trust for family holdings including all real estate, family businesses, investments, insurance policies, retirement, and personal assets, in order to avoid probate and distribute estate without necessity of creating a public record
- Represent Real Estate Developers seeking to shield personal assets from claims against properties they own
- Represent doctors seeking to shield personal assets from claims against their practices
- Over 300 estate plans including will, Power of Attorney, Medical POA, HIPPA, Advanced Directive, Guardianship of Minor Children, and Appointment of Guardian in the Event of Future Need
Because Mr. Brewer and his team are adept at forming business entities, this knowledge can be successfully used to assist clients with a wide variety of estate planning needs.