For Expertise with Integrity…
When you need trustworthy and competent legal services, David R. Brewer, Attorney at Law, PLLC is the first place to turn. We get what client relationships are all about, we get results, and we get referred to your family, friends and business associates.
SHIRLEE D. MITCHELL
Shirlee is an accountant and tax attorney, as well as being a licensed real estate broker. In addition to Shirlee’s thriving business law and corporate governance practice, she has extensive experience in preparing estate plans for individuals, couples and multi generational families, including business succession planning. These plans include the use of family limited partnerships, marital deduction trusts and revocable and non-revocable trusts and the preparation all other documents necessary for orderly succession. She represents and counsels trustees, administrators, beneficiaries, including remainder beneficiaries, and executors of estates in tax and administrative matters as well as litigation. Her clients include business owners, farm and/or ranch owners, race horse owners, rail car owners and oil and gas interests.
- Attorney in private practice since 1991. Licensed in Texas, Colorado and North Dakota.
- Admitted to practice before all state courts in states where she is licensed, United States Tax Court, United States District Court of the Southern District of Ohio, United States District Court of Colorado, and a Certified Mediator.
Activities and Affiliations:
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate and Trust and Estates Section
- State Bar of Texas, Mediation Section
- State Bar of Texas, Tax Section
- State Bar of Texas, Solo and Small Business Section and Tax Counsel
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
- Highland Lakes Bar Association
- State Bar of Colorado
- State Bar of Colorado, Trust and Estates Section
- State Bar of Colorado, Real Estate Section
- District Coordinator for AARP/VITA Taxaide program
- Texas Real Estate Broker
- Life Member of American Quarter Horse Association
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, Accounting and International Business
- Jurist Doctorate, University of Denver, College of Law, Denver, Colorado
– Outstanding Corporate Intern
– Editor in Chief, Transportation Law Journal